Over 150 Years of History
Cross Roads Missionary Baptist Church is rich in history from every generation. It was first organized on December 3, 1849 by Elijah Autry and David Quillen. Services began in an existing building that also served as Cross Roads School. The church endured many things (including the Civil War), but God brought them through as the members remained faithful and Cross Roads continued to grow. In 1917, the membership moved into their newly constructed church. As time marched on, so did God’s children. In October 1931, Sunday School was organized and added to the service. In July of 1934, a choir was built on to the church. That year revival broke out and 21 people joined during the meeting. In August of 1975, the motion was made and passed to build rest rooms in the church. We wonder today how we ever worshipped without such conveniences. Over the years Cross Roads met “Part” time for worship, meaning twice a month and other times “Full” time. We have been a “Full” time church since 1981. That commitment lead to the preached Word affecting more souls that were saved and even more growth in our membership. In May of 1995, the Lord blessed with another new building and Cross Roads held their first service in the building we now call home. We have seen what He has done in our past, we are thankful for what He is doing in the present and we are excited to see what He has in store for Cross Roads future!